- adj. 錯誤的；有毛病的；不適當的；不道德的
- adv. 錯誤地
- n. 不義行為；壞事；犯罪；欺騙；錯誤；不公正
- v. 冤枉；不公正地對待
- 無禮地對待，不正當地對待， 不公正對待
- 不道德的,不正當的,不義的 not morally right; unjust
- 不確實的,不正確的,錯誤的 not true or correct
- 不合要求的,不適合的 not required, suitable or the most desirable
- 有故障,有毛病 in a bad condition (and not working properly)
- 錯誤地 in a wrong manner or direction; mistakenly; with incorrect results
- [U] 罪過,過失,罪惡 sth that is wrong
- [C] 不義的行為,不公正的事 unjust action; injustice
that which is contrary to the principles of justice or law;
"he feels that you are in the wrong"
any harm or injury resulting from a violation of a legal right
not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth;
"an incorrect calculation"
"the report in the paper is wrong"
"your information is wrong"
"the clock showed the wrong time"
"found themselves on the wrong road"
"based on the wrong assumptions"
contrary to conscience or morality or law;
"it is wrong for the rich to take advantage of the poor"
"cheating is wrong"
"it is wrong to lie"
not appropriate for a purpose or occasion;
"said all the wrong things"
not functioning properly;
"something is amiss"
"has gone completely haywire"
"something is wrong with the engine"
based on or acting or judging in error;
"it is wrong to think that way"
not in accord with established usage or procedure;
"the wrong medicine"
"the wrong way to shuck clams"
"it is incorrect for a policeman to accept gifts"
used of the side of cloth or clothing intended to face inward;
"socks worn wrong side out"
"an ill-timed intervention"
"you think my intrusion unseasonable"
"an untimely remark"
"it was the wrong moment for a joke"
characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules;
"he submitted a faulty report"
"an incorrect transcription"
in an inaccurate manner;
"he decided to reveal the details only after other sources had reported them incorrectly"
"she guessed wrong"
treat unjustly; do wrong to
- I am afraid you've made a wrong decision.
- I'm not going to bow down to such wrong opinions.
- There is something wrong with the car.
- What's wrong with the engine? It's making an awful noise.
- A correct word used in a wrong cultural or religious context is a wrong word.
- It is wrong to steal.
- You've spelt the word wrong.
- Children must be taught the difference right and wrong.
- Her son can do no wrong in her eyes.
- People who do wrong are punished.
- Extreme right is extreme wrong.
- But they are not in the wrong at all.
- Wrong must be righted when they are discovered.
- The teacher has done his students a great wrong.
- You wronged him by saying that he had lied.
- You wrong me if you think I only did it for selfish reasons.
- He was wronged by the federal judges and the authorities.
- The important thing is not to wrong any woman .
- The police arrested the wrong man.
- Three wrong answers and you fail the test.
- I'm afraid I'll make the wrong decision.
- That would creat a wrong impression.
- That's not at all the correct idea of what our country was like. You've got quite a wrong idea of it.
- She had given me a wrong address.
- We are late because we took the wrong road.
- We came the wrong way.
- I'm afraid you've got the wrong number.
- The cloth has a right side and a wrong side.
- He's a good actor, but this is the wrong part for him.
- You're doing it the wrong way.
- He's the wrong man for the job.
- They live on the wrong side of town.
- I realized that I had said the wrong thing when I saw her reaction.
- Cheating is always wrong.
- Her estimate of the cost was completely wrong.
- The sum is wrong.
- Can you prove that I am wrong?
- That's where you're wrong.
- Thousands of satisfied customers cannot be wrong, so why don't you try our new washing powder?
- Their decision proved to be wrong.
- We shall probably not be far wrong if we say so.
- I knew something was dreadfully wrong.
- You look upset; is anything wrong?
- The clock's wrong.
- You are quite wrong in doing this.
- Am I wrong in thinking that it is getting colder?
- I was wrong in going there.
- He was wrong in what he said.
- His accounts are wrong by some ￡40,000.
- What's wrong with this one?
- What's wrong with the engine?
- There's something wrong with my eyes.
- What's wrong with you?
- The baby won't stop crying— I hope there's nothing wrong with him.
- You were wrong to take the car without permission.
- I've been wrong to accuse him.
- He was wrong to disregard your advice.
- You were wrong not to have mentioned it.
- It is wrong to steal.
- It was wrong of you to deceive him.
- It is wrong of you to punish him in that way.
- It was wrong of them to gossip.
- None of your answers was wrong, but it was quite wrong of you to answer in such a rush without leaving a chance to your little sisters.
- It would be wrong of me to do so.
- You guessed wrong.
- You've done it wrong.
- You've spelt my name wrong.
- You pronounced that word wrong.
- He played the tune all wrong.
- He did his homework all wrong.
- The guide went wrong.
- The parcel is tied wrong.
- He added up the figures wrong.
- She is too young to know right from wrong, but her sister is now old enough to know the right from the wrong.
- She could do no wrong in the opinion of her devoted followers.
- She had suffered many wrongs.
- He felt confident that his wrongs would be righted.
- He remembered the wrong done to him.
- There are rights and wrongs on both sides of the dispute.
- They have done us a great wrong.
- Two wrongs do not make a right.
- go wrong
行為變壞 act badly, immorally, etc.I'm not surprised she's gone wrong after mixing with such bad company.她跟那一幫壞人鬼混在一起不變壞才怪呢。
- on the wrong foot
- get wrong
誤會,誤解 misunderstand sb/sth
get sb/sth wrong
Please don't get me wrong,I'm not criticizing you.
I got his instruction wrong.
- in the wrong
負有責任,應受責備 in the position of being responsible for a mistake, an offence, a quarrel, etc.
- wrong address 地址不對
- wrong answer 錯誤的答案
- wrong conduct 不道德的行為
- wrong decision 錯誤的決定
- wrong direction 錯誤的方向
- wrong impression 錯誤的印象
- wrong number 號碼錯誤
- wrong principles of conduct 不道德的行為準則
- wrong road 走錯了路
- wrong room 走錯了房間
- wrong side 反面
- wrong street 走錯了街道
- wrong time 錯誤的時間
- always wrong 總是錯誤
- quite wrong 很不對
- completely wrong 完全錯誤
- dreadfully wrong 極不正常
- entirely wrong 完全錯了
- utterly wrong 完全錯誤
- wrong to accuse sb 指責某人是不對的
- wrong to disregard advice 不聽勸告是錯的
- wrong not to mention it 沒有及時處理那件事是不對的
- wrong to steal 偷竊是不道德的
- wrong to take the car without permission 未經許可就把車開走是不對的
- go wrong 犯錯,弄錯
- wrong about sb's age 猜錯了某人的年齡
- wrong by some ￡4000 錯了4000英鎊
- wrong in going there 到那兒去錯了
- wrong of sb to gossip 某人散布謠言是不對的
- wrong with the car 這輛車有毛病
- add up wrong 加錯了
- done the sum wrong 算數題算錯
- get wrong 誤解
- guess wrong 猜錯
- lead sb wrong 帶某人走錯了路
- play the tune wrong 演奏曲調不對
- pronounce wrong 發音錯了
- spell wrong 拼錯
- tie wrong 包扎得不對
- admit one's wrong 承認自己的錯誤
- brood over one's wrong 反省自己的錯誤
- commit a wrong 干壞事
- mend one's wrong 糾正錯誤
- remember wrong 記住冤屈
- right wrong 糾正錯誤
- suffer wrong 受委屈
- undo wrong 洗刷冤屈
The Abilities of the Man, that uses them to his Neighbour's Wrong.出自： T. Secker
The innumerable multitude of wrongs By man on man inflicted.出自： Coleridge
One who never sees wrong, without the noble resolution to revenge it.出自： A. Marsh
If the wrong has been wholly on one side.出自： F. A. Paley
So young, Terry. So sure of right and wrong.出自： J. Wyndham
Actions are wrong..[in proportion] as they tend to produce the reverse of happiness.出自： J. S. Mill
Nothing..morally wrong in a strike..when properly conducted.出自： W. S. Jevons
It was very wrong of him to make such a request.出自： J. McCarthy
He that wrongs his friend Wrongs himself more.出自： Tennyson
She saw that she'd been grievously wronged by the Welfare Department.出自：L.A. Style
- wrong的基本意思是“不道德的,不正當的,不義的”,指某人做某事違背了道德要求或不符合一個人的行為準則; 也可指“不確實的,不正確的,錯誤的”,表示某一事物與其標準不相符。wrong還可指“不合要求的,不適合的”“有故障的,有毛病的”。
- go wrong中的go為保留運動意義的系動詞。
- in the wrong作“負有責任,應受責備”解,一般只限于對比正確與錯誤。
- wrong, false
- wrong, wrongly
- They interpreted the law wrongly.他們對這一法規作了錯誤的解釋。
誤 He was quite wrong thinking that I was happy.
正 He was quite wrong to assume that I was happy.
正 He was quite wrong in thinking that I was happy.
析 作“錯誤的,不對的”解時, wrong之后可接介詞短語,注意wrong之后一般不直接跟動詞的 v -ing形式,但是可以跟動詞不定式。機器怎么了?
誤 What's wrong about the machine?
正 What's wrong with the machine?
析 作“出了毛病”解時,可以用be wrong with的形式,這里with不可改成about。你說謊是不正確的。
誤 It's wrong for you to tell a lie.
正 It's wrong of you to tell a lie.
誤 The taxi-driver was obviously in wrong in going ahead against the red light.
正 The taxi-driver was obviously in the wrong in going ahead against the red light.
析 作“錯了”解可以用in the wrong, wrong之前的定冠詞the不可省略。他們無情地掠奪我們,給我們帶來了極大的不幸。
誤 They did wrongly to us by robbing us without mercy.
正 They did wrong to us by robbing us without mercy.
析 do wrong to sb 意為“冤枉某人,委屈某人”, wrong在這里是一個名詞。
- ☆ 直接源自古斯堪的那維亞語的rangr，意為錯誤的。