- [C] 嗓音,說話聲,歌唱聲 sounds formed in the larynx and uttered through the mouth, especially by a person speaking or singing
- [U] (口頭或書面的)意見等,發言權,影響 (right to express one's) opinion, etc. in spoken or written words, influence
- [S] (動詞的)語態 contrast between a sentence in which the doer of action is subject (active) and one in which the person or thing affected is subject (passive)
the distinctive quality or pitch or condition of a person's speech;
"A shrill voice sounded behind us"
the sound made by the vibration of vocal folds modified by the resonance of the vocal tract;
"a singer takes good care of his voice"
"the giraffe cannot make any vocalizations"
a sound suggestive of a vocal utterance;
"the noisy voice of the waterfall"
"the incessant voices of the artillery"
expressing in coherent verbal form;
"the articulation of my feelings"
"I gave voice to my feelings"
a means or agency by which something is expressed or communicated;
"the voice of the law"
"the Times is not the voice of New York"
"conservatism has many voices"
something suggestive of speech in being a medium of expression;
"the wee small voice of conscience"
"the voice of experience"
"he said his voices told him to do it"
(metonymy) a singer;
"he wanted to hear trained voices sing it"
an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose;
"the meeting was attended by spokespersons for all the major organs of government"
the ability to speak;
"he lost his voice"
(linguistics) the grammatical relation (active or passive) of the grammatical subject of a verb to the action that the verb denotes
the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music;
"he tried to sing the tenor part"
give voice to;
"He voiced his concern"
utter with vibrating vocal chords
- His voice shook with fear.
- The little girl spoke in a high childish voice.
- We could hear the children's voices in the garden.
- She is enamored of the sound of her own voice.
- We should translate this sentence in passive voice.
- The workers want a voice in management decisions.
- In the past the voice of dissension had been quickly snuffed out.
- He was chosen to voice their grievance.
- The voice often falls at the end of a statement.
- If using your voice is difficult, then you know what dysphonia is.
- The actress' voice, very low and very soft, made the audience give up whispering and listen.
- Her voice went down an octave.
- Our voices echoed in the empty house.
- His voice quivered with rage.
- Even though he was getting angry, his voice remained level.
- Our voices were drowned by the noise of the machinery.
- The actor's voice gave out before he reached his most dramatic scene.
- He gave the news out in a grave voice.
- When the student answered the question in a very low voice, the teacher asked him to say it once more.
- She always puts on a posh voice to talk to the vicar.
- He was afraid the old man was deaf. He raised his voice and pronounced every word carefully.
- Our newspaper represents the voice of the people.
- The people must have a voice.
- All countries must be equal and have an equal voice in world affairs.
- give voice to
表露(感情、憂慮等) express feelings, worries, etc.
- make one's voice heard
表達感情、意見等 express one's feelings, opinions, etc. in such a way that they are noticed or acted on
- raise one's voice against
堅決而勇敢地發言反對某人〔某事物〕 speak firmly and boldly against sb/sth
- with one voice
- control one's voice 控制自己的聲音
- drop one's voice 降低聲音
- drown out sb's voice 淹沒某人的聲音
- find one's voice 能開口說話了
- hear a voice 聽到聲音
- know a voice 知道某種聲音
- lift up one's voice 提高嗓門
- lose one's voice 嗓子啞了
- make a voice 發出聲音
- raise one's voice 提高自己的說話聲調
- recognize a voice 聽出(某人的)聲音
- give voice to 表示…
- agreeable voice 悅耳的聲音
- beautiful voice 優美動聽的嗓音
- broken voice 沙啞的聲音
- cheerful voice 歡快的聲音
- clear voice 清脆的聲音
- deep voice 低沉的聲音
- expressive voice 富有表達力的說話聲
- fine voice 好的嗓音
- flat voice 單調的聲音
- gentle voice 輕聲
- high voice 尖聲
- hoarse voice 嘶啞的聲音
- loud voice 高聲
- low voice 低聲
- poor voice 不好的嗓音
- rich voice 圓潤的聲音
- rough voice 粗聲
- shrill voice 尖聲
- small voice 小聲
- soft voice 柔和的聲音
- speaking voice 說話聲
- sweet voice 悅耳的聲音
- active voice 主動語態
- passive voice 被動語態
- (the) V- of America 美國之音
Muttering with hoarse, harsh voice.出自： Shelley
The voice of animals is produced by the passage of air through this aperture.出自： W. Youatt
An uncompromising child, voicing what other people only thought.出自： U. Holden
The Kremlin..voiced concern at Austria's application to join the European Community.出自：Guardian
- voice的基本意思是“嗓音,說話聲,歌唱聲”,可指人說、唱、哭、笑所發出的聲音,也可指鳥鳴,但不指野獸等的吼叫,用作可數名詞; 用于比喻可指“(口頭或書面的)意見等”“發表意見的權利”“影響”,用作不可數名詞; 還可指(動詞的)“語態”,常用單數形式。
- voice, sound
- sound含義廣泛,可以指任何聽得到的聲音; voice主要指人的聲音,包括說話、唱歌或笑聲,有時也指鳥的叫聲,但很少指動物的叫聲,有時可用于比喻。例如:
- I wish my house were out of sound of street noises.但愿我的房子離得遠些,聽不到街上的嘈雜聲就好了。
- It was the sound of a girl's voice.是一個女孩子說話的聲音。
- It is the voice of truth.這是真理之聲。
誤 He continued speaking with a very loud voice.
正 He continued speaking in a very loud voice.
- ☆ 13世紀晚期進入英語，直接源自古法語的voiz，意為聲音；最初源自拉丁語的vocem，意為聲音。
- utter 完全的
- express 快車
- articulate 發音清晰的
- pronounce 發音
- say 說
- proclaim 正式宣布
- opine 認為
- assert 斷言
- declare 宣布（聲明）...
- intone 吟詠
- speech 演說
- singing 唱歌
- vocal sound 口聲
- opinion 意見
- expression 表情
- declaration 宣言
- enunciate 清晰地發音
- sound 聲音
- verbalize 用語言表達
- tell 告訴
- communicate 傳達
- vote 選舉權
- word 單詞
- style 文體
- breathe 呼吸
- couch 長椅
- lip 嘴唇
- pronunciation 發音
- speak 講
- suffrage 投票
- mouth 嘴
- formulate 用公式表示
- spokesman 發言人
- signify 表示
- deliver 遞送
- propose 打算
- vocalise 說
- interpreter 口譯員
- vox 聲音
- articulation (清楚的)發音...
- vocalisation 發聲
- representative 代表
- vocalization 發聲的樣子
- vocalism 發聲
- vocalize 發聲
- phonation 發聲
- spokesperson 代言人
- part 部分
- noise 噪聲
- devoice 使濁音變清音...