- v. 使降級；流放；移交；委任
- vt. 使降級，使降職 put into a lower place;demote
refer to another person for decision or judgment;
"She likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues"
assign to a lower position; reduce in rank;
"She was demoted because she always speaks up"
"He was broken down to Sergeant"
expel, as if by official decree;
"he was banished from his own country"
assign to a class or kind;
"How should algae be classified?"
"People argue about how to relegate certain mushrooms"
- Mr. Taylor relegate his project to his son after he have ret.
- Will Spurs be relegated to the third division?
- Their football team was relegated.
- relegate to the background 推到幕后,置于次要的...
The fortress to which Herod relegated his wife.出自： H. B. Tristram
- relegate, commit, confide, consign, entrust
- commit泛指委托給別人負責,意思最廣泛; entrust表示“委托,托管”,強調對別人的信任; confide表示“托付,信賴”,強調對別人依賴和放心; consign表示“委托,交付”,指比較正式的委托; relegate表示“把…委托給”,側重拋棄或擺脫。
- relegation n. 降級，降職