- n. 警察；警方
- v. 維持治安；管轄；監督
- [P]警察部門,警方 official organization whose job is to keep public order, prevent and solve crime, etc.
- [C]警察 the person who keep public order, prevent and solve crime, etc.
the force of policemen and officers;
"the law came looking for him"
maintain the security of by carrying out a patrol
- The police have caught the murderer.
- His strange behavior made the police suspicious.
- It's the duty of the police to preserve the public order.
- The police are always hounding me.
- The police scoured the area looking for the lost child.
- United Nation forces are sent to police the troubled area.
- Hundreds of military officers were drafted in to police the demonstration.
- The army policed the conquered city.
- A new body has been set up to police the nuclear power industry.
- The police beat the town for the fugitive.
- It did not take the police long to bring out the truth.
- The police blocked off the street where the gunman was hiding.
- The police arrested the thief and put him in prison.
- The police charged the prisoner with stealing the jewels.
- The police announced that all prisoners would be set free.
- Six days later, the police arrested him and charged him with murder.
- A drug trafficker was arrested by the police yesterday.
- The police are going to bring a charge of murder against him.
- The police cleared all the people out of the hotel after the bomb scare.
- The police cleared the crowd away.
- The police asked us to breathe into the chemical to see if we were drunk.
- The police arrested the suspect a block away from the scene of the crime.
- They charged that the police had beaten three students to death.
- When the police appeared, the thieves cleared off.
- If we ran fast we will be able to chuck the police off.
- If you are caught with the stolen watches, you'll have the police to answer to.
- His sister threatened to tell the police, so he had to buy her off.
- All the side streets have been blocked off by the police for the passage of the honor fleet.
- He answers to the description given by the police, so he must be the criminal.
- Her behaviour aroused the suspicions of the police.
- Most police wear uniforms.
- Several police are closing in on the criminals.
- Dozens of police arrived as the hoodlums closed in on him.
- 280 people were arrested and 56 police injured.280
- Has the parcel been cleared with the border police yet?
- The reactionary police cleared out the pickets by force.
- There was a ten-mile chase before the thieves were caught up by the police car.
- The strikers struggled to break through the police line.
- The terrorists blew up the police station.
- ask the police 問警察
- attract the police 吸引警察
- beg the police to do sth 懇求警察做某事
- call the police 叫警察
- deal with the police 對付警察
- dispatch the police to scene 派警察到現場
- fear the police 害怕警察
- go to the police 報案
- hate the police 恨警察
- help the police 幫助警察
- inform the police 通報警察,告訴警察,報警
- inform the police of facts 把事實報告給警察當局
- notify the police 報告警察,通知警察
- phone the police 給警察打電話
- put the police on track 派警察跟蹤
- resist the police 反抗警察
- tell the police 告訴警察
- the able police 有能力的警察
- the average police 普通警察
- the double-faced police 口是心非的警察
- the eager police 熱心腸的警察
- the fat police 胖警察
- the good-hearted police 好心的警察
- the good-sized police 大塊頭的警察
- the hard-handed police 雙手堅硬有力的警察
- the judicial police 法警
- the live police 精力旺盛的警察
- the local police 地方警察
- the military police 憲兵
- the old police 老警察
- the plain-clothes police 便衣警察
- the secret police 秘密警察
- the young police 年輕警察
- the police box 警察崗亭
- the police car 警車
- the police doctor 法醫
- the police dog 警犬
- the police emergency number 報警電話號碼
- the police inspector 派出所所長,警察分局局長
- the police net 警察的羅網
- the police office 警察總局
- the police official 警官
- the police post 派出所
- the police rank 警銜
- the police station 警察局
I'm going to the police, and I'm going to tell them everything.出自： L. Duncan
The Navy's services in policing the sea lanes against pirates.出自： C. C. Trench
It was not possible to police the boy for every minute of every day.出自： M. M. Kaye
- police須用their等復數代詞指代,可受these, most, several, many, dozens of等表示不確切的量詞修飾,也可受2以上基數詞修飾,但不可用a或one修飾表示單個警察。
- Where's the police? 警察局在哪兒?
- Where are the police? 警察們在哪兒?
誤 The police has arrested all the suspects.
正 The police have arrested all the suspects.
析 The police作“警察”“警方”解,在句中作主語時,謂語動詞必須是復數形式。有個警察抓住了小偷。
誤 A police caught the thief.
正 A policeman caught the thief.
析 police意為“警察部門”是集合名詞,表示復數意義,前面必須有定冠詞。policeman意為“警務人員”,如果要表示“一個警察”,則用a policeman或a police officer。
- ☆ 直接源自中古法語的police；最初源自拉丁語的politia，意為管理國民的統治機構。