- n. 養老金；退休金；撫恤金；年金；（歐洲等地的）私人小旅店
- v. 發退休金
- [C]退休金,養老金 an amount of money paid regularly, especially by a government or company, to sb who can no longer earn money by working, especially because of old age or illness
- vt. 發給…養老金〔退休金〕 dismiss from work but continue to pay a pension to
a regular payment to a person that is intended to allow them to subsist without working
grant a pension to
- He's got nothing beyond his state pension.
- He went to the post office to draw his pension.
- concede one's attention
- He had stayed at the pension for a fortnight.
- He was pensioned off and replaced with a younger man.
- She went to the company to draw her pension.
- The country provided a pension to the old person.
- pension off( v.+adv. )
不再使用no longer use sth
pension sb off
He was pensioned off.
他獲領退休金退休。pension sth off
Your old bike has to be pensioned off.
- full pension 最高養老金
These professors were maintained with liberal pensions.出自： James Harris
- pension用作動詞時的基本意思是“發給…退休金”。 其后常跟介詞off連用,表示“發養老金使…退休”“不再使用”,常用于被動結構。
- ☆ 14世紀中期進入英語，直接源自古法語的pension，意為支付；最初源自拉丁語的pensionem，意為支付。