- [U]疏忽，粗心大意 failure to take enough care over sth that you are responsible for
failure to act with the prudence that a reasonable person would exercise under the same circumstances
the trait of neglecting responsibilities and lacking concern
- He was sharply reprimanded for his negligence.
- The accident was due to her negligence.
- His negligence was nothing less than criminal.
- He dressed with easy negligence.
- He was dismissed on the grounds of negligence.
- The accident was due to negligence.
Imputing every deficience to criminal negligence.出自： S. Johnson
Leaving things lying aboutsa habit of infuriating negligence.出自： E. Taylor
The accident was clearly caused by negligence.出自：Which?
- negligence, neglect
- 1.neglect往往著重指行動有“該做而沒做”的含意,針對“疏忽或棄置工作”而言,表示有意識地明知故犯; negligence特指人或團體對工作的態度不認真,或責任心不強,疏忽大意、粗心等,往往有經常不注意的意思,表示習性。
- 2.若指人的外表時, neglect是“疏忽”意味較強的用法,表示“邋遢,不整潔的儀表”; negligence只是指“不追求時髦,不專心打扮”。