- n. 議題；問題；期刊號；一次發行額；發行；<律>子女
- v. 發表；公布；正式發給；發行；流出
- [C]問題,議題; 爭論點 a subject to be talked about, argued about, or decided
- [C]發行物 sth which is produced so as to be publicly sold or given out
- [S]放出,流出; 發出,發行 the act of coming out or being produced
- [C]〈正〉結果,結局 what happens in the end; the result
- vt. 出版; 發行 bring out (especially sth printed and official) for the notice of the public
- vt. & vi. 出來; 流出 come〔go, flow〕 out
an important question that is in dispute and must be settled;
"the issue could be settled by requiring public education for everyone"
"politicians never discuss the real issues"
one of a series published periodically;
"she found an old issue of the magazine in her dentist's waiting room"
some situation or event that is thought about;
"he kept drifting off the topic"
"he had been thinking about the subject for several years"
"it is a matter for the police"
the act of providing an item for general use or for official purposes (usually in quantity);
"a new issue of stamps"
"the last issue of penicillin was over a month ago"
supplies (as food or clothing or ammunition) issued by the government
the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property;
"the average return was about 5%"
a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon;
"the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"
"his decision had depressing consequences for business"
"he acted very wise after the event"
the immediate descendants of a person;
"she was the mother of many offspring"
"he died without issue"
the becoming visible;
"not a day's difference between the emergence of the andrenas and the opening of the willow catkins"
an opening that permits escape or release;
"he blocked the way out"
"the canyon had only one issue"
the act of issuing printed materials
prepare and issue for public distribution or sale;
"publish a magazine or newspaper"
circulate or distribute or equip with;
"issue a new uniform to the children"
"supply blankets for the beds"
bring out an official document (such as a warrant)
come out of;
"Water issued from the hole in the wall"
"The words seemed to come out by themselves"
make out and issue;
"write out a check"
"cut a ticket"
"Please make the check out to me"
- You're just avoiding the issue.
- The union plans to raise the issue of overtime.
- Parliament will debate the nationalization issue next week.
- They make an issue of this with UEFA.
- Money is not an issue here. I'm talking about trust.
- The current issue of the periodical is not available now.
- November issue has been published!
- The new issue will be divided into four tranches.
- I bought the new stamp the day of its issue.
- He died without issue.
- Xinhua News Agency is authorized to issue the following statement.
- They issue an update on the snow forecast.
- May I issue a ticket to you now?
- New members will be issued with a temporary identity card.
- The mint have decide to issue the coin next year.
- Banknotes of this design were first issued 10 years ago.
- This is one of the streams that issue from the lake.
- There was no issue at all between us.
- If you'd stayed at home, we wouldn't have had an issue.
- This has not been raised as an issue by the West.
- There is a new issue of Christmas stamps every year.
- A nosebleed is an issue of blood from the nose.
- I bought the book the day after its issue.
- There is no issue at all of a happy.
- His enterprise would have a prosperous issue.
- The government issues money and stamps.
- We also issued agricultural loans.
- The press issued a new magazine last year.
- The editor told me that he would issue my recent poems in about a month's time.
- The Commission shall issue its first report in about a month's time.
- The inspiring call was issued by the President.
- They advised the government not to issue him a passport to travel abroad.
- The end hut is to be used for issuing guns to the new soldiers.
- The officer issued guns to the soldiers.
- The general issued commands to his men.
- The public security bureau issues passports to persons going abroad.
- The editor-in-chief hopes that his next book will be issued as a paperback, as this will increase the sales.
- at issue
在審議〔爭論〕中under consideration, especially because of some doubt
- make issue of
(像對待大事一樣)處理(小事)treat (a minor matter) as it needs serious discussion like a major matter
- take issue with
提出異議disagree with (a person)
- issue from (v.+prep.)
由于…產生 come or result from sth
- issue with (v.+prep.)
提供 supply sb with sth needed
issue sb with sth
They have issued the calamity-stricken people with food.
On the first day of term, the school issued the students with their text-books.
Have all the students been issued with books for the new course?
The convicts were issued with clothing.
- address〔bring up, debate〕 an issue 處理〔提出,討論〕問題
- await the issue 等待結果
- bring out〔publish〕 an issue 出版一期
- complicate the issue 使問題復雜化
- decide the issue of the battle 決定戰役勝敗
- face the issue 正視事實,認真對待事實
- force the issue 強迫對方對某事作出決定〔表態〕
- make an issue of sth 把某事當作問題
- resolve〔settle〕 issue 解決爭端
- take issue with sb 與某人發生爭執
- touch on sensitive issue 觸及敏感問題
- back issue 過期的一期
- burning issue 緊要問題
- current issue 目前的問題
- divisive issue 導致不和的問題
- important issue 重要的問題
- minor〔side〕 issue 枝節問題
- last issue (雜志的)上期
- new issue 新問題
- next issue (雜志的)下期
- open issue 勝負未定
- political〔sensitive〕 issue 政治〔敏感〕問題
- issue concerning public interests 與公眾利益有關的問題
- at issue 在爭論中
- matter〔point〕 at issue 爭論的焦點
- at issue with sb 與某人意見不一致
- in the issue 結果,到頭來
- an article in this issue 這一期的一篇文章
- on that issue 關于那個問題
- issue of a newspaper 報紙的發行
- issue of business 營業項目
- issue of fact 事實上的爭論點
- burning issue of the day 燃眉之急的問題
- issue on the agenda 一項議程
- issue banknote 發行鈔票
- issue decrees and ordinances 頒布法令
- issue instructions 發出指示
- issue new rifles 分發步槍
- issue new textbooks 發新書
- issue passport 發護照
- issue stamps 發行郵票
- issue monthly (雜志)每月出一期
- issue officially 正式發行
- issue particularly 特別發行
- issue publicly 公開發行
- issue out 涌出
- issue as 以…發行
- issue at 按…出售
- issue from 從…流出
- issue from carelessness 由于不慎而導致(錯誤)
- issue from the chimneys (煙)從煙囪里冒出來
- issue from the cut 從傷口流出
- issue from the lake 從湖里流出
- issue from the wound 血從傷口處流出來
- issue in 造成,導致
- issue in heavy losses 造成重大錯誤
- issue in a tie 打成平局
- issue to troops 發給部隊
- issue with textbooks 發課本
- issue the hungry people with food 發給饑餓的人食物
The whole volume..escaped from beneath the ice..forming a fine arch at its place of issue.出自： J. Tyndall
Mr. Alden might be seen at church time issuing from his mansion.出自： G. Santayana
Words issuing as sounds from people's mouths.出自： P. Brook
An English family nervously issuing forth to see the show.出自： C. Peters
- issue既可用作及物動詞,也可用作不及物動詞。用作及物動詞時,后可接名詞、代詞作賓語; 也可接雙賓語,其間接賓語可以轉換為介詞to的賓語,介詞不可用for;也可接介詞from,表示“從…涌出”;issue還可接以as短語充當補足語的復合賓語。
issue作動詞“發行，發放”時，可用issue sth to sb或issue sb sth。
The authorities issued clothes and shoes to them.
- 可與介詞with連用，如issue sb with sth，但這種用法應盡量避免。
- issue, emerge
- ☆ 1300年左右進入英語，直接源自古法語的issue，意為出口，解決方法；最初源自拉丁語的exire：ex (出去） + ire (走），意為走出，離開。