- n. 解釋；翻譯；闡釋；(藝術的)演繹
- [C]解釋,說明; 詮釋 explanation
- [U][C]藝術處理 performance giving the performer's ideas of how sth should be performed and what it means
a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something
the act of interpreting something as expressed in an artistic performance;
"her rendition of Milton's verse was extraordinarily moving"
an explanation that results from interpreting something;
"the report included his interpretation of the forensic evidence"
an explanation of something that is not immediately obvious;
"the edict was subject to many interpretations"
"he annoyed us with his interpreting of parables"
"often imitations are extended to provide a more accurate rendition of the child's intended meaning"
- I found no evidence to back your interpretation.
- I'm not satisfied with his interpretation of this sentence.
- You should be cautious in the interpretation of the figures.
- His interpretation of the music was rather too literal.
- This rule does not allow of more than one interpretation.
- This passage is open to a variety of interpretations.
- A musician usually has his own interpretation of a piece of music.