- 足夠地,充足地 a satisfactory degree; sufficiently
- 相當 a significant extent; fairly
- 充足的,足夠的,充分的 as many or as much of sth as necessary; sufficient
- 充分,足夠 as many or as much necessary
an adequate quantity; a quantity that is large enough to achieve a purpose;
"enough is as good as a feast"
"there is more than a sufficiency of lawyers in this country"
sufficient for the purpose;
"an adequate income"
"the food was adequate"
"a decent wage"
as much as necessary;
"Have I eaten enough?"
"I've had plenty, thanks"
- I haven't enough time for reading.
- He has enough money (=money enough) to buy a car.
- John's old enough to take care of himself.
- He is brave enough to face dangers.
- He is competent enough to fill that position.
- He was careful enough to check up every detail.
- He seemed pleasant enough to me.
- I've had enough of that.
- I'm afraid I've eaten more than enough.
- I was nearly drowned last night, but was fortunate enough to be saved.
- Is this room large enough?
- He plays well enough for a beginner.
- I don't like these pictures enough.
- I don't know him well enough to ask him for help.
- He didn't run fast enough to catch the train.
- Would you be kind enough to let us know the date of your arrival?
- He isn't good enough for the exam.
- The river is deep enough for swimming.
- We have enough salesmen to cover the area .
- We have enough money to buy a car.
- There's not enough food among a crowd like this.
- Did you have enough time?
- The fellow has cheek enough.
- We don't have time enough to finish the work.
- Five men will be quite enough.
- ￡200 isn't enough for all my expenses.200
- Two apples is/are enough for me.
- If each of us kicks in a small amount, it'll be enough to buy things for the party.
- Not enough is known about this subject.
- I've had enough, thank you.
- curiously〔oddly, strangely〕 enough
稀奇的是… it is very curious, etc. that...
- sure enough
果然 as expected
- have had enough of
不能〔不愿〕再容忍… be unable or unwilling to tolerate sth/sb any more
- enough time 足夠的時間
- quite enough 十分充足
It has not soil enough..to grow a single blade of grass.出自： J. Conrad
Five weeks of it were enough to kill him.出自： M. Sinclair
I've given her enough bromide to put her out of action till morning.出自： G. Greene
If three or four people get stuffed into a car seat, nobody has enough room.出自： J. Irving
There are enough hotels..to suit any pocket.出自：Country Life
- 當主語是it或是特定數量時, enough也可用作表語,其后常接for引起的短語或動詞不定式。
- enough用于修飾表示壞的品質的名詞(如cheek, conceit, impudence)時,一般放在這些詞的后面。
- enough, adequate, ample, sufficient
- 1.enough為一般用語,有時可與adequate互換。enough常用來表示數量或程度,不宜用于表示性質、質量; 而adequate既可用于描述數量或程度,也可用于描述性質、質量。
- 2.adequate表示“僅夠滿足”“恰好滿足”; enough和sufficient還可表示足夠滿足; 而ample表示充足而有余,即ample>sufficient>enough>adequate。
- 3.sufficient與enough同義,確切程度比 enough 大,前者多用于需要的滿足,后者則多用于欲望的滿足; 前者多用于書面語,后者多用于口語。
- ☆ 直接源自古英語的genog；最初源自該語的genah：ge （伴隨） + nah （達到，獲得）。