an attitude of defensiveness (especially in the phrase `on the defensive')
intended or appropriate for defending against or deterring aggression or attack;
"a defensive stance"
attempting to justify or defend in speech or writing
- They teamed together into a defensive alliance.
- Our troops took up defensive positions on high ground overlooking the river.
- When asked to explain her behavior, she gave a very defensive answer.
- She's very defensive about her part in the affair.
- They put entirely on the defensive.
- defensive medicine 防御式醫療
- defensive team 防守隊
- on the defensive 處于防御狀態...
- self-defensive 自衛的
- defensive purchase 防務采購
- defensive tactics 防御戰術
- defensive lapse 防守隊員一時的疏忽...
- defensive proteins 防御蛋白,布赫內氏體...
- defensive investment 防務投資,與競爭企業...
- defensive end 防守端鋒
- defensive programming 防錯性程序設計...
- defensive player 防守型選手
- defensive gas 防御用毒氣
- defensive football 防守型足球戰術...
- defensive zone 防守區
- defensive wall 人墻
- defensive position 防守姿勢
- defensive protein 防御蛋白質
- defensive mining 防御性布雷
- act on the defensive 進行防御,采取守勢...
As a moat defensive to a house.出自：Richard II , Shakespeare
I was obliged to resolve upon a defensive conduct in future.出自： F. Burney
As a tackler and defensive player..he was exceptional.出自： W. Camp
The perfect stillness..made her raise her eyes..with a hard, defensive expression.出自： J. Conrad
Grim defensive houses strong enough to withstand party feuds.出自： K. Clark
The primary emphasis in defensive play is to prevent the offensive player from doing what he wants to do.出自： J. Lehane
- self-justifying 自己辯白的
- apologetic 道歉的
- distrustful 不信任的
- wary 小心的
- cautious 謹慎的
- protective 保護的
- protecting 動詞protect的現在...
- defending 動詞defend的現在進...
- shielding 防護
- fortified 加強的
- armored 裝甲的
- armoured 披甲的
- justificatory 用來辨解的
- justificative 認為正當的
- defensive attitude 防衛態度