an urge to do or say something that might be better left undone or unsaid;
"he felt a compulsion to babble on about the accident"
an irrational motive for performing trivial or repetitive actions, even against your will;
"her compulsion to wash her hands repeatedly"
using force to cause something to occur;
"though pressed into rugby under compulsion I began to enjoy the game"
"they didn't have to use coercion"
- I will pay nothing under compulsion.
- Compulsion will never result in convincing them.
- John will take his medicine only by compulsion.
- She felt a sudden compulsion to hit him.
- Drinking is a compulsion with him.
- He felt an inner compulsion to write.
The tribute..would not be forthcoming except on compulsion.出自： T. Lewin
- obligation 義務
- impulse 沖動
- coercion 強迫
- force 武力
- pressure 壓強
- duress 強迫
- urge 驅策
- oppression 壓抑
- desire 渴望
- necessity 需要
- craving 渴望
- constraint 約束
- need 需要
- irresistible impulse 不可抗拒的沖動...
- obsession 困擾