- [C]生日 (anniversary of the) day of a person's birth
an anniversary of the day on which a person was born (or the celebration of it)
the date on which a person was born
- I received a set of gardening tools on my birthday.
- He gave her an expensive fur for her birthday.
- Tom's birthday is this week.
- Next Monday will be my 21st birthday.
- I was eighteen on my last birthday.
- Happy birthday to you!
- Your birthday is an annual event.
- My wife's birthday is approaching.
- Our birthdays are three days apart.
- Another birthday has gone by, so now I'm fifteen.
- John's birthday did not seem complete without his father there.
- His birthday occurs on July 4.
- The company was celebrating its fiftieth birthday.
- It was clever of her to think of his birthday.
- She was mad at her husband for forgetting her birthday.
- For her birthday I bought her a bicycle.
- I was not here on his birthday.
- I sent him a pencil box on his birthday.
- Mary will become eligible to vote on her next birthday.
- At his birthday party, he blew out all the twenty candles at one time.
- On the birthday party, she wore glad rags.
- ￡500 is quite a handsome birthday present.500
- It was sweet of you to send me a birthday present.
- We chose her a nice birthday present.
- The child was burning to see the birthday gift his grandma had sent him.
- He brought me a lovely present on my sixteenth birthday.
- Aug. 15th. in 1980 is the country's birthday.1980
- happy birthday 生日快樂
- birthday of gunpowder 火藥的發明之日
- birthday的基本意思是“生日”,指每年一次的出生日期的紀念日,通常不表示出生的日期。但在美國填表時birthday可指出生年月日，即date of birth。
誤 Today is my eighteen-year-old birthday.
正 Today is my eighteenth birthday.
析 “18歲生日”不可說eighteen-year-old birthday,而應說eighteenth birthday。請把你的出生日期填在表格里。
誤 Please put your birthday in the form.
正 Please put your birth date in the form.
析 birthday意思是“生日”,通常指從出生之日算起一年一度的周歲日,即anniversary of one's birth; 而birth date指“出生的具體日期”,即date of birth。一般說來, birthday是每年一次, birth date終生只有一次。